QVR Pro provides 8 embedded monitoring channels, allowing you to quickly build a cloud surveillance environment hosted on your QNAP NAS
QVR Pro Client allows you to monitor cameras that are connected to the QVR Pro server and flexibly switch between live and playback modes to take full control over the monitored area. QVR Pro Client can be installed on Windows®, Mac®, Ubuntu® devices or on the QNAP HybridDesk Station on the NAS. You can also install the mobile version on you iOS or Android devices from the Apple Store or Google Play.
QVR Pro Client also provides full support for QVR Center, a central management system for QVR Pro servers, and full support for QVR Guard, a high-availability failover application designed for the QVR Pro server.
Key Features and Benefits
QVR Pro Client provides the following features and benefits.
Live view and playback
QVR Pro Client allows you to monitor the live view of multiple channels and play back recordings on a single interface. You can switch between live, individual playback, and sync playback modes. You can also view recordings from a specific time period by clicking the timeline or by selecting a time range.
QVR Pro Client provides a highly-customizable display panel. You can change each channel’s display ratio, arrange the display, or use the built-in display module to fulfill your surveillance needs.
Region of interest
The updated Region of Interest (ROI) feature supports multiple regional images from the same camera in live and playback modes. You can define and enlarge multiple areas on the overview image without selection limitations or additional licenses.
QVR Pro Client allows you to quickly identify a camera's location when an event occurs.
Multiple notification methods
QVR Pro Client provides different event notification methods to inform users about emerging events, including flashing red borders of channels, alert buzzers, and motion icons on the e-map.
Fisheye and 360-degree camera support
QVR Pro Client allows you to monitor live streams and video recordings from fisheye and 360-degree cameras. The application also includes a dewarping feature that facilitates recording viewing for fisheye cameras.
QVR Pro Client supports showing cameras, e-maps, and views on multiple monitors that are connected to your device for better surveillance coverage.
QVR Pro Client can be installed on Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu operating systems, and also on QTS HybridDesk Station. You can also install the mobile version on you iOS or Android devices from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Install QVR Pro Client.
- Log on to QVR Pro Client.
- QVR Pro Adding a Camera
- QVR Pro Add an e-map.
- QVR Pro Add a view.
Installing QVR Pro Client
- Log on to QVR Pro.
- Click QVR Pro Client on the desktop or from the main menu.The Get QVR Pro Client window opens.
- Click Download under the appropriate operating system.Depending on your browser, the installer is either automatically downloaded or a confirmation message appears.
- Locate the downloaded installer on your computer and then run the application.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard.
QVR Pro Client is successfully installed on the device.
- Select the language and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Review the terms and conditions, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the components that you want to install and then click Next.
- Specify the installation location and then click Install.
- Click Finish.
Logging On to QVR Pro Client
- Click one of the following options.
QVR Pro Client displays the selected login screen.
- QVR Pro: Log on to a QVR Pro or QVR Guard server client.
- QVR Center: Log on to a QVR Center client.
- Specify the following information.FieldDescriptionHost serverThis is the IP address or domain name of QVR Pro, QVR Guard, or QVR Center server.PortThe default value is 443 or 8080, depending on whether Secure login is selected.User nameThis is the QVR Pro server or QVR Center user name.PasswordThis is the QVR Pro server or QVR Center password.
- Optional: Select one or more of the following options.
- Save password
- Secure login
- Auto login
- Click Log In.
Adding a Camera
QVR Pro Client allows you to add cameras connected to the QVR Pro server for easier monitoring.
- On the Camera panel, click .QVR Pro Client opens the QVR Pro Camera Selection window.
- Select a camera from the list and then click Next.The Edit Camera Selection screen appears.
- Optional: Type the username and password.
- Click Next.A confirmation message appears.
- Select one of the following options and then click OK.OptionDescriptionEdit nowThis option allows you to modify the camera settings.Edit laterThis option uses the default camera settings.
- Depending on your selection in the previous step, perform one of the following steps.
- Modify the camera settings.
- Proceed to the next step.
- Click Finish.The new camera is added to the list.
Adding an E-map
You can upload maps, floor plans, and other images to help you identify the camera locations.
- Click "＋"The Add e-map window opens.
- Click "Folder icon"The file explorer opens.
- Locate the file and then click Open.QVR Pro Client supports image files in SVG, JPG, and PNG formats.
- Optional: Specify one or more keywords.Separate multiple entries using a semicolon.
- Click OK.The e-map is added to the list and saved to the server.
Adding a View
You can add multiple views for different purposes. Each view can include camera streams and e-maps.
- On the View panel, click "+".QVR Pro Client adds a new view to the list.
- Perform one of the following tasks.TaskStepsUse a predefined template
Manually add objects to the viewDrag and drop any of the following objects to the grid area.
- Click "View Icon"
- Select a template from the list.
- Click "Save icon".
- Specify the following information.
- View name
- Click OK.